Learn in this FAQ how to ask Vector to take photos, how to export them, where the photos are stored and more.
How to take a photo
- Ask Vector to take a picture by giving him a command by voice: “Hey Vector, take a photo” and you’ll hear a simulated shutter sound.
- Vector does not take videos.
View and export pictures taken by Vector
- You can view the picture from the Vector App, and from there, delete, share, or save it to your phone or tablet.
- Select "Utilities" > tap "VECTOR'S PHOTOS" > Select a photo > tap "export photo".
- Note that on Android devices, there will be a "photo exported" confirmation. On iOS, there will not be any confirmation. This is by design.
The world through Vector's eyes
- Vector uses a HD Camera with a 120-degree, ultra wide field of vision.
- If you are wondering why the resolution and quality of pictures Vector takes may not be in line with what you would expect, remember:
- You are seeing the world through Vector’s eyes. He does not see the world in the same way we do.
Where are the photos stored?
- Any pictures are saved to Vector’s onboard memory
- Your photos are not sent to or stored in the cloud
- You can delete pictures saved to Vector anytime through the Vector app
- When Vector is on, his camera is always on so he can see and react to the world around him
- To turn it off and stop data streaming, you need to turn off Vector by pressing and holding his Back Button for 5 seconds
- For further information on Vector and privacy, please refer to this FAQ