Anki is committed to providing a safe and secure shopping experience. Anki.com supports the use of 3D Secure authentication and AVS verification.
This FAQ provides some reasons for an order not going through on the Anki.com store and some troubleshooting to do.
- Error messages you may see
- What is 3D Secure?
- What is AVS verification?
- Required criteria for placing an order
- Further troubleshooting
Error messages you may see
- Your card was declined
- Your card has insufficient funds
- The zip code you supplied failed validation [with your bank]
- An error occurred while processing your order
What is 3D Secure?
If the issuing bank of your credit or debit card requires 3D Secure authentication for online purchases, Anki.com will support 3D Secure authentication during your checkout.
3D Secure is a secure protocol for safe online purchases. It confirms your identity with the card issuer and validates that you are the true cardholder, protecting you against unauthorized use of your card.
You will need to register and activate this feature during the payment process or in advance on your card issuer’s website.
Once you have activated 3D Secure, when placing your order, a pop-up will appear redirecting you to your card issuer’s website and asking you for some digits of your PIN or characters of your password. If the card issuer determines your information is correct, you'll then be referred back to your checkout with Anki.com.
What is AVS Verification?
If you are placing an order on the US Store on Anki.com, your card will be required to support AVS verification.
AVS verification is a protocol for safe online purchases. It helps confirm your billing address with the card issuer.
If your card issuing bank does not support AVS verification, your card will need to be 3DS supported and your bank must require 3DS authentication for your order to go through on Anki.com.
Please verify the following criteria before placing your order:
- Check you are using a payment method Anki.com supports
- Check your card expiration date
- Check your credit limit has not been exceeded
- Check your billing address matches that of the registered card
- Check Anki.com supports shipments to your shipping address. For more information, see our Shipping Information
If you are unable to place your order and have checked the above criteria, you may do the following:
- Try again later
- Use a different card
- Use a different browser
- We are aware of a current issue where if using Internet Explorer 11, users will see a blank page when going to checkout
- Try on a different device
If after this you still experience issues, please contact your card issuing bank to find out why the transaction has been declined. Anki will only decline the transaction if we're unable to get verification from the issuing bank (and we are unable to provide any details or reasons for this) or because of any of the above criteria not being met.