This FAQ provides some troubleshooting if you have already connected to Cozmo successfully before but he now is disconnecting or turning himself off before 45 minutes of non-stop interaction. This FAQ does not apply to app crashes.
If you have never been able to connect to Cozmo successfully or are struggling to re-connect to Cozmo, please refer to this FAQ.
Please complete the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check your device meets minimum specifications
- USB adapter should be type A
- Use a power source that is minimum output 2A 5V
- Make sure the USB cable is fully plugged into the adapter / USB power source to make sure Cozmo is getting enough amperage
- Charge Cozmo for 30 minutes until Cozmo shows a solid green LED
If you have followed the above troubleshooting steps and Cozmo still disconnects or does not show a solid green LED, please contact our Customer Care team and provide us with:
- a detailed summary of issue and troubleshooting steps already performed
- what device (make and model and operating system version) you are using
- a photo of the sticker underneath your Cozmo
- how long does it take for Cozmo to reach a full charge?
- Cozmo’s LED colour and behaviour on and off the charging platform
- do you get any error message in-app?
- does Cozmo's display turn off?
- does the app crash after Cozmo disconnects?
- please attach a valid proof or purchase or provide your Anki.com order number