The new Supertrucks X52 and Freewheel bring exciting new weapons to the Anki OVERDRIVE world!
However, there are a few important differences between the way weapons work for Supercars and Supertrucks:
- Supertrucks have pre-defined weapons that can't be replaced (what you see is what you get)
- Supertrucks get Power Points to power-up existing weapons. Loot Drops can only be applied to Supercars
- Supertrucks have much more energy but they can't replenish it. They'll get disabled once it has run out
- Supertrucks have unique Rage modes that can be triggered when the Rage Meter is fully charged
X52 - Weapon Overview
- Pulse Ram (special item in front bay) >> Tap to damage cars and push them out of the way
- Smasher (area-of-effect item in rear bay) >> Hold to charge, then release to attack nearby cars
- Shredder (short-range item in rear bay) >> Hold to fire shot-gun attack on cars behind you
- Boomer (deployed item in rear bay) >> Hold to deploy this mine, release to let it explode
- Rage (front facing) >> Tap, once charged, to create chaos on the track...
Freewheel - Weapon Overview
- Gravity Trap (Special item in rear bay) >> Tap to trap car behind you and use as a shield
- Neutron Stream (Medium-range front item) >> Hold to fire continuously and cause ongoing damage
- Neutron Ray (Long-range front item) >> Hold to charge, then release for a powerful Sniper shot
- Neutron Blast (Short-range front item) >> Tap repeatedly to fire a short-range burst
- Rage (rear facing) >> Tap, once charged, to wreak havoc on the track...
Keeping your Supertrucks moving at top speed - or any other act of aggression - will charge up the truck's Rage Meter. When the meter is full, Rage mode will be available via the large center button on the game pad. Press the button and the Supertruck will accelerate beyond normal top speed and constantly fire its special weapon until the Rage Meter is depleted (= 15-20 seconds). The truck will also be invincible!
- X52 RAGE:
- The truck will use a more powerful Pulse Ram to push cars off the track or send them spinning
- It is normal that the other cars will lose control, do a wheelie and also come off the track
- Freewheel RAGE
- The truck will use a more powerful Gravity Trap to capture multiple cars behind itself
- The other cars will lose control, exhibit a flashing white LED and ultimately get disabled
- It is normal that affected cars end up spinning and occasionally come off the track
IMPORTANT: Supercars that are affected by RAGE mode will show unusual behavior including doing wheelies, spinning, showing a flashing LED and coming off the track - this is absolutely normal.