Yes, the Anki OVERDRIVE Starter Kit is required to play OVERDRIVE. This article explains why.
There are two reasons that the Anki OVERDRIVE Starter Kit is required:
- Only the Starter Kit contains the Start piece
- This segment is required to be part of every track you build.
- Without it, well, there's no way to Start or Finish.
- They cannot be purchased separately.
- These two Supercars are required to complete the Tutorial portion of the OVERDRIVE app that teaches you how to play and use the cars.
When you start playing OVERDRIVE for the first time, you'll need your Ground Shock and Skull cars. No other Supercars or Supertrucks can be used to start the Tutorial.
The Tutorial portion of the OVERDRIVE app is also known as Chapter 1 of the TOURNAMENT.
Once you've finished the Tutorial (Chapter 1 of theTOURNAMENT) you can use any Supercar. This restriction does not apply to OPEN PLAY.