ANKI DRIVE is no longer actively supported - please read our End-Of-Life article for more information.
To clean Anki DRIVE cars, please follow these steps:
- Open the tire cleaner pad that came in the starter kit, roll the rear (rubber) tires on the pad several times. This will remove dust and maintain traction on the track.
- Check for hair that may be wrapped around the axles - remove with tweezers
- Flip the car over and locate the sensor
- Remove any dust or debris from the sensor using a cotton swab. See Figure #1
- Check the rear tyres are on the right way round and that they are not misaligned. Incorrect orientation creates a gap, causing distortions and misalignment, spinning out and loss of control. The rim of the wheel should not be sticking out.
Do not use any chemicals, such as rubbing alcohol or other cleaning products.