- Feeding Cozmo for the first time in the Nurturing Tutorial
- I can't feed Cozmo during the Nurturing Tutorial
- I can't Feed Cozmo after completing the Nurturing Tutorial
- I don't have an "x" on the top left of the Feeding screen
1) Feeding Cozmo for the first time in the Nurturing Tutorial
Please follow these steps to help feed Cozmo for the first time:
- Turn up your device's volume in the Cozmo app so you can clearly hear the music and all of the audible cues when interacting with Cozmo
- Remove the plastic guard form underneath Cozmo's chin and any other plastic supports
- Pull the clear plastic tabs out of each cube - the cubes will flash for a few seconds
- Let Cozmo detect his cubes:
- If Cozmo successfully found his cubes, you'll see 3 check boxes
- If Cozmo cannot detect and connect to any cubes, there will not be a green checkbox (see Section 2 for troubleshooting)
- Shake a connected cube to energize it (connected cubes will display a single blue cycling light). You will hear a "charging" sound from your device's speaker. Each of the cube's 4 lights will get brighter, glowing one at a time until they all become a SOLID Blue
- Place the cube down and allow Cozmo to feed
2) I can't feed Cozmo during the Nurturing Tutorial
Please perform the following steps:
- Reset the cubes to check the batteries are working:
- unscrew the lid
- wait 10 seconds
- screw the lid back on
- the cube should flash red>green>blue
- Move all 3 cubes to another room to stop Cozmo from trying to connect to them
- Force close the Cozmo app (the cubes should still be in the other room)
- Relaunch the Cozmo app. When the app reconnects to Cozmo, it will pick up where the app left off at feeding Cozmo
- Give Cozmo a quick snack to bypass energizing a cube:
3) I can't Feed Cozmo after completing the Nurturing Tutorial
If your cubes are not working, firstly follow the troubleshooting in this FAQ.
If your cubes are working, give Cozmo a quick snack:
- tap the "x" on the top left of the Feed Cozmo screen
- tap the "settings" icon on the top right of the main menu
- swipe to the "cube status" screen
- tap "get help"
- tap "next" until slide 6 "Cozmo too hungry to play?"
- tap "quick snack" then "ok" and exit the settings
- check Cozmo's lift is working correctly by stacking cubes in Explorer Mode
- check Cozmo is recognizing objects correctly:
- clean the around area around Cozmo’s camera with a cotton swab and a little rubbing alcohol (surgical spirit)
- in Explorer Mode, check that Cozmo can visually ID a face and can "greet" that person
4) I don't have an "x" on the top left of the Feeding screen
The "x" will only appear once you're completed the onboarding tutorial. If the "x" still does not appear after that, it is a transitory issue. Please try again later or uninstall and reinstall the Cozmo app.
If you're still having difficulties, please contact us.