Cozmo uses his lift to express his mood as well as to play with his power cubes. To avoid damaging his lift please keep the following important guidelines in mind:
- Do not lift anything that is heavier than 1 cube - it can damage the gearing
- When Cozmo is awake do not push down on the lift since this can also damage the gearing
- Ensure that Cozmo does not fall off the table (e.g. deliberately driving off cliffs in Explorer mode etc)
A damaged lift can exhibit the following symptoms:
- Cozmo recognises the cubes but is unable to move his lift to pick them up and/or stack them correctly
- Cozmo may be unable to Feed (more information in this article)
- His lift changes position when Cozmo is put on the charging platform or turned off
- Gently moving the lift when Cozmo is turned off exhibits any of the following:
- The lift does not move smoothly but gets stuck / requires pressure
- There is no consistent clicking when moving the lift
- The lift drops if you let go of it (instead of staying in position)
- Cozmo's lift is not always 100% horizontal. Unless you experience any of above performance issues this is absolutely normal and not an issue that requires a replacement.
If you have observed any of above listed signs of a damaged lift please contact us and list the exact lift behaviour. Our team will validate the issue and advise on the next steps.