To check if Cozmo’s Lift is working properly, try the following:
- While Cozmo is charging on the charging platform, gently raise and lower his Lift.
- This should display Cozmo's Wi-Fi network and password.
- In Explorer Mode, have Cozmo stack Cubes.
- He will not be able to pick up a cube if the Lift has broken.
- While Cozmo is OFF, GENTLY raise and lower the Lift slowly.
- The motion should be smooth, with consistent clicking.
- The Lift should not get stuck, require pressure to move it, or drop down if you let go of it.
If Cozmo’s Lift is damaged (he cannot pick up Cubes), please contact us with a valid proof of purchase or get in touch with the original retailer to benefit from their return/warranty process.
A damaged Lift may result in performance issues:
- Cozmo may be unable to pick up Cubes / stack Cubes.
- This has nothing to do with Cozmo recognizing the Cubes.
- Cozmo may not be able to Feed.
- Cubes / Cube syncing will also needs to be validated if this is your issue.
- Cube stacking may be significantly out of square.
- If the bottom corners of the Lift are too out of level when the Lift is raised all the way up, Cozmo's Cube stacking can be very untidy.
Please note the following can also damage Cozmo’s Lift and are not covered by Cozmo's Limited Warranty:
- Cozmo is only designed to pick up 1 Cube at a time, nothing heavier.
- A fall
- If Cozmo is On during a fall, he will try to protect himself by lowering his Lift.
- But if Cozmo falls on his Lift, the Lift or its gearing can be damaged.
- Manual force
- Pushing down on the Lift and damaging the gearing.