If your Supercars and Supertrucks are ready, but you're not able to connect to them from within the OVERDRIVE app - or they disconnect - this article offers some basic suggestions for working through these issues.
IMPORTANT: Before starting these steps, verify that:
- You device meets the minimum requirements
- Your device's Bluetooth is turned On
- Your device and all vehicles are fully charged
- Your device is completely up-to-date with all available updates.
- Eliminate or move away from any potential sources of Bluetooth interference, including:
- Microwave ovens, Direct Satellite Service (DSS), external power sources (chargers or power inverters), 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz cordless phones, Wireless RF video, Wireless speakers, some external monitors and LCD displays, other wireless devices that operate in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz radio frequencies.
- If you are running Android 6 (Marshmallow). You must allow the OVERDRIVE app to access your device's Location services in order for it to detect vehicles. Click HERE for more details.
- All Supercars and Supertrucks are turned ON (see step 5) and are displaying a solid Green light
Please note that while the OVERDRIVE app requires a compatible version of Bluetooth to be enabled on your device. Because OVERDRIVE Supercars and Supertrucks do not use Bluetooth profiles, that means while Supercars and Supertrucks will show up in your device's Bluetooth list of available devices, they will appear with unexpected names and your device cannot directly connect to them.
If you try to connect to any Supercars and Supertrucks through your Bluetooth settings, you can see errors like the following:
If the OVERDRIVE app still cannot discover any cars or trucks, perform these steps:
- Force close the OVERDRIVE app
- Power off your device
- Turn off all of your Supercars and Supertrucks by pressing the grey button on the underside (= LED is OFF)
- Power on your device
- Turn on all of your cars and trucks by pressing the grey button on the underside (= LED is ON)
- Relaunch the OVERDRIVE app and reconnect
Your device should now be able to discover and connect to all of your cars and trucks in the OVERDRIVE app.
If this does not resolve the issue please get in touch with our Customer Care Team.