This FAQ provides information about how Cozmo connects to his cubes and how to troubleshoot them if they are not working.
For information about cube battery type and lifespan, see this FAQ.
For guidelines on replacing Cozmo’s cube batteries, see this FAQ.
1) How does Cozmo interact with his cubes?
Cozmo interacts with his cubes on two levels:
- Visually: Cozmo can tell the difference between each cube by its markings. He can recognize the cube even without a battery
- Wirelessly: Cozmo can connect wirelessly to each of his cubes if it is nearby. If a cube is too far away or the battery is low or dead, Cozmo may not be able to sync with it
2) Indicators of cubes not working correctly
- One of all of the cubes LEDs do not light up but cube is detected in the “Settings > Cube status” menu
- Cozmo is unable to detect a cube
- Cozmo loses connection to a cube
- If only one cube seems to be problematic, you may switch the batteries of a working cube to check if this is due to a dead battery
- Reset the cube:
- unscrew the lid from the cube
- wait for 10 seconds
- screw the lid back on
- the cube should flash red>green>blue if the battery is fine
- Move the cubes nearer to Cozmo
- Check the cubes are synched in “settings > cube status”
- when synched, you should see a green check
- if Cozmo is unable to synch to a cube, you will see a red hazard icon
- refresh the cubes to re-synch, especially after resetting or changing the battery