Anki OVERDRIVE Supercars or Supertrucks (referred to here as the 'vehicles') should have approximately 15 - 20 minutes of play time (when new) after a full charge using the supplied charging cradle, cable, and wall charger.
The duration of any Anki OVERDRIVE Supercars' or Supertrucks' play session depends on one's driving style. Similar to real battery-powered vehicles, driving at higher speed or accelerating faster will result in shorter total driving durations.
It's not unusual that different Anki OVERDRIVE vehicles have different play durations, especially if a particular vehicle has been upgraded to reach a higher top speed or utilize faster acceleration.
Similar to all Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries, it's normal for the vehicles to have shorter battery life the older they get, the more often they are charged and discharged.
If you notice significant differences between your vehicles and they are still under warranty, before contacting us please follow these steps:
- Always charge the vehicles using the supplied charging cradle, cable, and the wall charger. Other wall chargers (not originally supplied by Anki) may not supply enough amperage to fully charge the vehicles.
- Make sure the USB cable is fully plugged into Anki Wall Charger, to make sure the vehicles are getting enough amperage
- Clean the car’s contacts and the contacts in on charging cradle. A soft pencil eraser can work well.
- Power-cycle the car
- Turn Off the car
- Press and hold the Grey button for 3 seconds
- Turn On car again
- If only one of the vehicles is experiencing short battery life issues, try charging that vehicle in a different charging slot on your Charging platform. If this improves the battery life the problem is probably caused by an individual defect charging spot on your charging cradle.
- Finally, check if anything has wrapped around the axle that may cause higher resistance and thus affect the battery life.
If none of above steps have helped, please consider contacting Anki Customer Care to further troubleshoot the issue.