Anki OVERDRIVE vehicles should have approximately 15-20 minutes of playtime after a full 10-minute charge using the supplied charging platform and adapter.
Battery duration will depend on gameplay. Similar to real battery-powered vehicles, driving at higher speeds or accelerating will result in shorter play sessions.
As with all electronics, the battery is perishable and the capacity will shorten the more charges and discharges the vehicle has.
If you notice significant differences between your vehicles, please follow these steps:
- Always charge the vehicles using the supplied charging platform and adapter
- Make sure the USB cable is fully plugged in to the adapter and plug the adapter directly into a socket. This will ensure the vehicles receive enough amperage
- Turn the vehicle off using the grey button on the underneath
- Place the vehicle on the charging platform to turn it on
- If the vehicle is NOT receiving a charge (= flashing green LED) after having sat on the platform for at least 5, clean the contacts on the bottom of the vehicle and on the charging platform
- Charge the vehicle until the flashing light goes solid green – this should take approximately 10 minutes from a discharged state. Note it may take up to 5 minutes before the vehicle’s top light starts to flash green
- If only one of the vehicles is experiencing short battery life issues, try charging that vehicle on a different slot on the charging platform. If this improves battery life the problem is probably caused by a defective charging spot on the platform
- Fully charge the vehicles and turn them off when not in use or before storing
If none of the above steps helped, please contact us