Learn below how to create a Vector account, how to update the email address or username, how to reset your password, how to delete your account and how to associate Vector with a different account. Note: you must be 18+ to have an Anki account.
Creating an account
- Note: if you already have an account, you can skip this section
- Create an account in the Vector app or on Anki.com
- If in app, follow the "sign up" flow
- Enter your Date of Birth in month-date-year format and tap "continue"
- Enter your email address and tap "continue"
- Create a password
- Opt in our out of anonymized usage data collection and tap "continue"
- Opt in or out of Marketing emails and tap "sign up"
- Check your inbox for the activation email and click “Activate Account”
- Check your Spam folder if you can’t see it or resend the email from the Vector app
- Note if you resend the activation email, you need to click the link from the newest email
Email address requirements
- Min. 5 characters
- Max. 100 characters
- Must contain an @ symbol
- Must follow the format email@example.com where x is one or more ASCII characters (characters 0-127)
- Note: applies only when creating an account on Anki.com
- Max. 100 characters
Logging into the Vector app
- If you created a new account via the Vector app, use your email address to log in
- If you are using an existing Anki account, created for Anki OVERDRIVE, log in with your existing Username, not your email address
- If you are using an existing Anki account created on Anki.com, log in with your existing Username, not your email address
Updating account details
- Account management via the app is currently not available
- To update your email address, please contact Customer Care
- To update your Username, please contact Customer Care
Resetting your password
- In the Vector app, tap the "settings" cog
- Tap "Account Management"
- Tap "Change Password" to reset your password
- You will receive a recovery email
- Click the link to enter your new password
Deleting your account
- If you wish to delete your account, please contact Customer Care and provide your account's Username and email address
- Self-deletion via the app is currently not available