Anki OVERDRIVE is the next generation of Battle-Racing and since we do not turn our back on our loyal Anki DRIVE customers we have made sure that DRIVE and OVERDRIVE can be enjoyed together!
Since the OVERDRIVE game concept is more advanced, though, please check the device compatibility requirements first, since they will be different from Anki DRIVE. The full list can be found HERE:
MOST COMMON QUESTIONS:
1) Can I use my Anki DRIVE cars with the new Anki OVERDRIVE modular tracks and APP?
This is indeed possible if you use the Anki OVERDRIVE app to control the cars. Important:
- Anki DRIVE cars can only join Open Play mode (the Tournament is for OVERDRIVE cars)
- Before seeing your DRIVE cars in the OVERDRIVE app garage you need to play a match
2) Can I use my Anki OVERDRIVE cars on the Anki DRIVE track mats?
You can race your Anki OVERDRIVE cars on the Anki DRIVE race mats, but you must use the Anki OVERDRIVE app to set up and control the game. It is not possible with the Anki DRIVE app.
3) Can I use the Anki OVERDRIVE track when hosting a game with my Anki DRIVE app?
While it may initially appear to be working, OVERDRIVE tracks cannot be used with the Anki DRIVE app. The cars will be uncontrollable and will continue to drive on the track endlessly with their lights flashing. In addition, the app will tell the user to “place cars on track” when they are already on the track. Please download the Anki OVERDRIVE app to race your Anki DRIVE cars on the OVERDRIVE tracks.
4) Can I combine my Anki DRIVE track mat with my Anki OVERDRIVE modular track?
Unfortunately it is not possible to create a circuit that uses both track systems. You have to chose one for your games.