Since the release of OVERDRIVE App version 2.0.1 Supertrucks have joined the OVERDRIVE world and can now join the OPEN PLAY game modes. Find out more information about Supertrucks and their availability on www.anki.com.
In addition to the expected design-related differences (think about real trucks vs real cars) this article also includes some other game-related differences to make sure you will get the most out of your OVERDRIVE Supertrucks!
1) Design-related differences (hey - they are big TRUCKS after all!):
- Supertrucks don't jump - they destroy (use the Anki OVERDRIVE Launch Kit for Supercars NOT -trucks)
- Supertrucks don't like low underpasses - elevate your risers (books etc) so they don't get stuck
- Supertrucks don't like steep hills so make sure your circuit is truck-friendly
- Supertrucks can't turn around on their own (e.g. after getting delocalised or being disabled)
- Supertrucks occasionally run over those orange track connectors with their trailer
2) Game-related differences
- Supertrucks need to be unlocked in the Supertruck Tutorial (you can find it in the Open Play section)
- Supertrucks can't join the Anki Tournament but are available in each of the Open Play modes
- Supertrucks have a different acceleration system - press the pedal instead of sliding the throttle
- Supertrucks have RAGE mode... (check our Supertruck Weapons and Rage Mode FAQ for more info)
- Supertrucks use Power Points to upgrade their pre-existing weapons. Loot Drops only apply to Supercars
- Supertrucks have much more energy but cannot replenish it (once it has gone they get disabled)
- Supertrucks have their own set of 6 Commanders and cannot be controlled by Supercar Commanders
- Supertrucks don't show any effect when being attacked with Area-Of-Effect weapons but still take damage
Similar to the each individual Supercar you need to strategically decide when to use a Supertruck to utilize their strengths. Their superior energy levels and armor make them a great pick for BATTLE but you may prefer to select one of the faster Supercars in RACE mode.