This article explains where you can purchase a Cozmo and covers some sales related topics that will impact your ability to obtain service for your purchase.
Where Cozmo is Sold
Coverage under Anki's Limited Warranty
In order to ensure your Cozmo is covered under Anki's Limited Warranty, we invite you to review our warranty web page.
In the unlikely event that you need service for an Anki product, whether or not it is a personal purchase or a gift, here are some key things to keep in mind and help ensure your product is eligible for service:
- Only buy Anki products from anki.com or an authorized retail partner.
- Anki products purchased from any unauthorized reseller risks voiding that product's limited warranty
- Keep your original receipt
- Anki cannot service a product without a valid Proof of Purchase from Anki or an authorized retail partner
- Anki creates regionalized versions of Cozmo
- Every Cozmo is specifically designed, packaged, and approved for sale in (a) specific market(s).
- This regionalization restricts Anki's ability to ship (import or export) Cozmo to unapproved locations.
Anki does not recommend buying a Cozmo in one country with the intention of permanently enjoying it in another.
Hand carrying or shipping a Cozmo out of its original country changes the importer of record. This negatively impacts your ability to obtain service on your purchase.
For example, if you purchase a Cozmo in the U.S., ship or hand carry it to Moldova, and you need it serviced, while you may ship it back to the U.S. at your own expense, Anki cannot ship a serviced Cozmo back to Moldova.
As another example, if you purchased a Cozmo online and that Cozmo was only designed and intended for sale in the U.S., but it was shipped to Germany, you are the importer of record and not Anki. If you need it serviced, this Cozmo has to be returned to the U.S.
Also, because of the above considerations, Anki places limits on direct sales of its products and will not ship to freight forwarders.