This FAQ lists some common issues with vehicle driving behaviour and some troubleshooting steps to do.
- Vehicles driving off-track
- Vehicles spinning out
- “Place and push” message
- Vehicles driving erratically
- Vehicles fishtailing
- Unable to steer / control vehicle
- Rear wheels grind / rattle
Sometimes it seems the vehicles are behaving oddly when this is actually due to gameplay.
- Use of Weapons, Special Items and Upgrades can affect how vehicles react
- Using special track pieces such as the Power Zone can affect how a vehicle reacts
- Supertrucks in Rage Mode spin out
- Activating Pro-speed increases top speed and requires strategic driving
- Steering requires strategy. Reduce speed before cornering a bend just like you would in real life
Maintaining the vehicles and track
The OVERDRIVE vehicles and track require regular maintenance to keep them clean and in top racing condition. This will solve and help prevent the issues outlined in Section 1.
Watch this video on how to maintain your OVERDRIVE.
Additionally, clean the sensor/camera lens with a cotton wool bud.
Building a great track
Gaps, lumps and bumps can impact the vehicle like a real car driving over a pothole. Check the following before building your track:
- use a stable, flat surface
- high pile carpet or objects used as supports for levels, bridges, etc. under the track can cause electrostatic and instability, and make the vehicles turn around
- underfloor heating can cause fishtailing and erratic driving behaviour since it affects the adhesion of the tyres on the track
- See this FAQ for tips on Building the Best Tracks
If you still experience erratic driving, if your tires are damaged, you are struggling to remove anything from the rear axles or your wheels are grinding, contact our Customer Care team for further help.