Anki DRIVE cars should have approximately 20mins of play time after a full charge using the supplied charging cradle, cable, and wall charger.
The duration of an Anki DRIVE car battery depends on the driving style. Similar to real battery-powered cars driving at higher speed - or faster acceleration - will result in shorter battery duration.
It is therefore not unusual that individual Anki DRIVE cars may vary in battery duration in particular if they have been upgraded to reach a higher top speed or faster acceleration.
Similar to all rechargeable batteries, it is also normal for the cars to have shorter battery life after extended usage but if you notice significant differences between your cars you can follow below steps:
Before contacting us, please check the following items below.
- Charge the cars using the supplied charging cradle, cable and the wall charger. Other wall chargers (not originally supplied by Anki) may not supply enough amperage to fully charge the vehicles.
- Make sure the USB cable is fully plugged into Anki Wall Charger, to make sure the cars are getting enough amperage
- Please clean the car’s contacts and the contacts in the charging cradle
- Power-cycle the car: turn on car > keep grey button pressed for 3 seconds > turn on car again
- If only one of the cars is experiencing short battery life, then try charging that vehicle in a different cradle connected to a different prong on the 3-way charging cable. This will test the cradle and the cable end at the same time.
If the car's battery lasts as long as the other cars, then the cars battery is good and the problem could be with the first charging cradle or the cable end.
Next time you need to charge the car, use the first cradle but connect it to a different prong on the 3-way charging cable. If the problem follows the cradle, then the problem is with your cradle. If the problem does not follow the cradle, then the cable is defective.
If the car continues to have short battery life, the issue could be with the car or the wall charger. We recommend contacting Anki Customer Care to troubleshoot the issue.