This article applies to the iOS version of the Anki DRIVE app.
This can occur when your App is not able to connect to both Starter Kit cars (grey and yellow) and is usually linked to a necessary firmware update.
To get around this issue follow the instructions below.
1. Click on the ? button on the top right corner of the app screen.
2. Select the Skip button on the upper right corner.
3. When prompted, choose SKIP.
4. Next type in a name you want to use.
5. The Skip button will allow you get get past the initial tutorial. Next select Garage from the Home screen and place the iOS device right on top of the cars until they are seen by the app.
6. One or both cars may need a firmware update. You can update the firmware by pressing the cars icon. In the example below, only the car on top needs a firmware update.
Once completed, the view will change and you will see the car in the garage. If you need to update the firmware on the other car, then press the Garage button on the top left corner of that screen.
Once all the firmware update is completed, you are ready to start playing Anki DRIVE. If you wish to go through the tutorial, then choose Tutorial from the Home screen.