Can't Feed Cozmo during the Nurturing Tutorial?
When you first set up your Cozmo, you need to feed him since he hasn’t been fed in a while and feed him the longer you play with him. If Cozmo has problems connecting to his Cubes, you may be unable to feed Cozmo and that will keep you from completing his tutorial.
Please read and follow these steps to help you Feed Cozmo for the first time:
- While in the Cozmo app, make sure that your device's volume is turned up loud enough so that you can clearly hear the music and all of the audible cues when interacting with Cozmo.
- Make sure that you have removed all of the plastic shipping supports from Cozmo, including the plastic guard underneath his chin. Leaving them attached will prevent Cozmo from working correctly.
- Pull the clear plastic strips out of each cube before you Feed Cozmo - the cubes' lights will flash for a few seconds
- If Cozmo successfully found his Cubes, you'll see 3 check boxes:
- If Cozmo cannot connect to a particular Cube or any Cubes, you'll see that's it's not detected (no checkbox). You're allowed to CONTINUE but will be unable to use that Cube in the tutorials which can cause some difficulties.
- When you reach the Feeding screen, connected Cubes will display a single blue cycling light.
- This is also the same screen you'll see when you're Feeding Cozmo outside the tutorial
- To Energize a Cube, shake it until the light stops cycling and the all of the Cube lights become a SOLID Blue.
- Shaking each Cube it will make a "charging" sound that comes out of your device's speaker. Each of the Cube's 4 lights should be getting brighter and starting to glow one at a time
- You'll notice that the Cube Charging indicator increases as you shake a Cube.
- If none of 3 Cubes work, please interrupt the feeding process and take these steps:
- Move all 3 Cubes to another room to stop Cozmo from trying to connect to them
- Now that all of the Cubes are in the other room, force close the Cozmo app.
- Relaunch the Cozmo app
- When the app reconnects to Cozmo, it will pick up where the app left off at feeding Cozmo
- You’ll now be able to bypass energizing a Cube by giving him a quick snack (see the series of pictures below)
After a Quick Snack, bring the Cubes back to Cozmo and you should be able to continue with the Tutorial to finish the Play section and then start using Cozmo.
If you cannot get past Cozmo's initial feeding, please contact Customer Care.
Can't Feed Cozmo after completing the Nurturing Tutorial?
Once you complete the Needs Tutorial, you'll never have to complete it again, but if you do run into issues feeding Cozmo, you can use these same previous steps to temporarily Feed Cozmo.
You should then troubleshoot Cozmo's connection to his Cubes.
Please use follow the article COZMO: How to troubleshoot Cozmo's Cubes.
If the connection to Cozmo's Cubes and all of his Cubes are working, check out if COZMO: Is Cozmo's Lift broken?
Of course, if you're still having difficulties, please feel free to contact us.