To check if Cozmo’s lift is working properly, try the following
- While Cozmo is placed on the charging platform, gently raise and lower his lift, this should display Cozmo's Wi-Fi network and password.
- In Explorer Mode, have Cozmo stack cubes: he will not be able to pick up a cube if the lift is broken
- GENTLY raise and lower the lift slowly while Cozmo is OFF: the motion should be smooth with consistent clicking. The lift should not get stuck, require pressure to move it or drop downward if you let go of his lift
If Cozmo’s lift is damaged (he cannot pick up cubes), please contact us with a valid proof of purchase or get in touch with the original retailer to benefit from their warranty process.
A damaged lift may result in performance issues:
- Cozmo may be unable to pick up cubes / stack cubes (this has nothing to do with Cozmo recognizing the cubes)
- Cozmo may not be able to feed (cubes will also need to be tested if this is your issue)
Please note the following can damage Cozmo’s lift:
- overweighting: Cozmo is designed to only pick up 1 power cube, nothing heavier
- a fall: if Cozmo is on, he will try to protect himself with his lift by lowering it
- manual force: pushing on the lift