Anki OVERDRIVE Supercars or Supertrucks (referred to here as the 'cars') should have approximately 15 - 20 minutes of play time (when new) after a full charge using the supplied charging cradle, cable, and wall charger.
The duration of any Anki OVERDRIVE Supercars' or Supertrucks' play session depends on one's driving style. Similar to real battery-powered cars, driving at higher speed or accelerating faster will result in shorter total driving durations.
It's not unusual that different Anki OVERDRIVE cars have different play durations, especially if a particular car has been upgraded to reach a higher top speed or utilize faster acceleration.
Similar to all Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries, it's normal for the cars to have shorter battery life the older they get, the more often they are charged and discharged.
If you notice significant differences between your cars and they are still under warranty, please follow these steps before contacting us.
- Always charge the cars using the supplied charging cradle, cable, and the wall charger. Other wall chargers (not originally supplied by Anki) may not supply enough amperage to fully charge the vehicles.
- Make sure the USB cable is fully plugged into Anki Wall Charger, to make sure the cars are getting enough amperage
- Clean the car’s contacts and the contacts in on charging cradle. A soft pencil eraser can work well.
- Power-cycle the car
- Turn Off the car
- Press and hold the Grey button for 3 seconds
- Turn On car again
- If only one of the cars is experiencing short battery life issues, try charging that vehicle in a different charging place in your platform. If this improves the battery life the problem is probably caused by an individual defect charging spot on your platform.
- Finally, check if anything has wrapped around the axle that may cause higher resistance and thus affect the battery life.
If none of above steps have helped, please consider contacting Anki Customer Care to further troubleshoot the issue.